Quo Vadis Sophomore Retreat - Quo Vadis means “where are you going?” The annual Quo Vadis Retreat offers St. Olaf sophomores a unique opportunity to step away from campus to reflect on where they have been, who they are, and where they are going within a supportive community.
- Audience: Any sophomore. 15 small group facilitators are selected who are juniors and seniors.
- When: Offered once in fall semester in early November, and once in the spring semester, typically early April. It starts at 5:00pm on a Friday evening and ends at approximately 6:00pm on Saturday evening.
- Frequency: Once a semester.
- Approximate Number of Participants: 180 participants attending two distinct retreats.
- Focus of Retreat: Faculty members, staff, student leaders, and young alumni share perspectives on vocational discernment and living a meaningful life. Sophomore participants reflect on and discuss these and related topics in small groups facilitated by student leaders.
Funding & Operations
- External Support: None
- Operations: Approximately $9000 per retreat for 95 students or $18,000 per year for 190 students.