ND Ignite - a group of events and activities that are designed to engage you in meaningful interactions with Notre Dame faculty and resources, and to provide you with an opportunity to contribute something of your own to our intellectual and cultural communities.
- Audience: Targeted to all first-year students.
- When: Ongoing throughout the students' first year.
- Frequency: Uses a variety of formats from one-hour talks to informal group discussions, and interactive workshop series to online contests and challenges. Individual events are offered throughout the year and often on a monthly basis. Typically, ND Ignite sponsors three to six events each month during the academic year.
- Approximate Number of Participants: 600-700 students from a class of 2,000 voluntarily participate each year.
- Student Characteristics: All first-year students no matter their background are invited to participate in ND Ignite events.
Funding & Operations
Funding provided through the First Year of Studies budget.
- External Support: None
- Operations: ND Ignite has an operating budget of $33,000 for the 2014-15 academic year.