Miller Center for Vocation, Ethics, and Calling - By promoting the service to those in need, the participation in faith communities, and the identification of worthy values, the Initiative encourages students to reflect on what their life’s work should truly be.
- Audience: All students from four classes, some faculty and staff.
- When: Multiple programs throughout academic year.
- Frequency: Weekly programs, service events throughout year, sophomore retreat.
- Approximate Number of Participants: 130 for weekly programs, 116 for service projects throughout the year, 25 sophomores participants for sophomore retreat.
- Types of Programming:
-Stipends and workshops for students doing internships at non-profits and churches either during the spring semester or the summer.-Three to four sponsored group service trips a year, using winter, spring, and summer break - funded, intensive, individual summer service experiences with travel grants.
Funding & Operations
$160,000 per year exclusive of salaries.
- External Support: Grant from the Lilly Endowment and then transitioned to the college budget with the help of a significant donation from the Bob and Nadine Miller Family Foundation. The Millers are a family active in the Arkansas Conference of the Methodist Church.
- Operations: Operating budget of $160,000.