CORE (Careers, Opportunities, Research and Exploration) - CORE offers student-centered learning experiences that help students discover their purpose and passions, and connect them to their career aspirations.
- Audience: All students are encouraged to visit CORE, which is centrally located on campus.
- When: Each academic term there are individual appointments, retreats, community and volunteer service opportunities, a class on vocational exploration, reflection experiences for internships, and re-entry experiences for study abroad.
- Frequency: Programs run all year long.
- Other Programs: Augie Choice gives $2,000 to support a qualifying hands-on learning experience of student’s choice. The Servant Leader Internship Grant Program offers grants for Augustana students to pursue underfunded internships in non-profit and other settings. The Augustana Creative Enterprise Fund (ACEF) provides students with funds to help start a business.
Funding & Operations
Our program has significant funding as it is included as a major element of the college’s strategic plan, Augustana 2020. http://www.augustana.edu/general-information/presidents-office/strategic-plan/augustana-2020-outline
- External Support: We received a grant from the Council of Independent Colleges and the Lilly Endowment for a set of professional development activities to help the 22 staff members of CORE learn about the ways they infuse the concept of vocation into their everyday work with students.
- Additional grants support community and volunteer service, Servant Leader Internships, and the Augustana Creative Enterprise Fund.